Sometimes learning about or teaching about the Godhead can be a little confusing. At the same time, understanding God and the Godhead and their roles is very important in life. Recently I was asked to talk to members in my church about how I had found God. Really God had found me though. As I thought about my experiences with each member of the Godhead, I realized that the pattern closely mirrored what the bible says about the Godhead and their individual roles. I also thought about this talk that I recently heard that very clearly helped explain each role they played. I loved how clear it made things so I decided to do a free download to go along with the talk.
The Godhead and The Plan of Salvation
This free download is a coloring page/activity page to go along with the talk by Elder Dallin H. Oaks entitled “The Godhead and the Plan of Salvation” given at the April 2017 LDS General Conference.
The free download would be great as a way to focus on the points of the talk and visualize the differences between the members of the Godhead. Use it in Sunday School, Young Women or Young Men, or as a FHE lesson. It would also work great as a quiet Sunday activity for the entire family.
You can have class members or family members color and draw on this page as they listen to this talk as well as use it as a tool to promote ponderizing.
Ideas for Individual or Family Use
- Color it as you listen
- Have them look up and fill out the scriptures and references that the talk references next to the citations on the page.
- Draw a symbolic road map of your life in the background.
- In the conversation bubble on the bottom left hand corner, complete the bubble and write in truths that the Holy Ghost has revealed to you. Possibly share with family.
- On the ladder on the bottom right hand corner, draw yourself climbing the ladder and write ways in which we have seen the grace of God in your own life.
- In each section of the “light”coming down write something that you feel is a demonstration of God’s love.
- In the space provided below the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd write what the talk says their titles are.
- Fill up the three person outlines with characteristics of each member of the Godhead.
- Draw pictures in the outlines of experiences you have had with each of the Godhead.
I know that I am able to focus better and retain more of what I am listening to when I am using my motor skills at the same time. It is my hope that this will also assist others who are similar.
If you do use it, let me know how it goes. Any comments or suggestions? I’m always looking for way to improve. I’d love to see pages that were filled out if you can tag me on social media. On Instagram as @thatswhatshedidblog or on twitter as @jessnunya or Tumblr URL: thatswhatshedid.tumblr.com
I hope you enjoy this free download!